Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Home Sweet Home


 
After being greeted by that ugly blue door for two weeks now, I couldn't take it anymore.  I felt like it was definitely in need of some sprucing up.  Our front door is located in a hallway where all the doors look the same {I have already imagined myself painting the door, but I don't think it would be appreciated by management} so I decided that a wreath was just the thing that it needed.
 
I chose to just use what I had on hand for now and with some inspirational pictures in my head from Pinterest, I went to work.  I traced a large dinner plate on cardboard for the outside circle and a bowl for the inside circle.  Then I wrapped my cardboard ring in yarn, created a loop to hang it with and decorated with a couple fabric flowers. 
 
It turned out pretty cute and it will work until I decide to whip up something a little more fancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment