Friday, September 7, 2012

Kitchen Makeover: Step Two



Step Two of my kitchen makeover is FINALLY complete!
 
There was a reason I was dreading this part :) Step two was to paint the cabinets.  Peopled looked at me as if I was crazy when I told them I was painting the cabinets...in an apartment.  But they were already painted a million times so I figured once more couldn't hurt {they can keep my deposit if they want, I just couldn't live with those ugly beige cabinets any longer}.
 
First I had to wait for help to get the cabinet doors off.  My trusty power screwdriver just wasn't powerfull enough.  Then I had to paint all the frames of the cabinets...this part I had help on.  It took 3 coats of my white paint to cover that ugly beige.
 
My helper helped me to put the doors back on and then it was up to me.  It took me all week to get them painted due to the many coats, but I got it done and they look awesome now.
 
The finaly step in my kitchen makeover is to get an old wooden window to hang above the sink to make it feel like I actually have a window.


No comments:

Post a Comment